Pages

Friday, April 2, 2010

April 2, 2010

I used to cry a lot, very easily. Movies, TV shows, even commercials....remember that Lipton's Chicken Soup and the mom asks the little boy about his hockey game and he says "I really like hockey!" omg...talk amongst yourselves...I'm verklempt! ok.....I'm ok now.

Since I've been on antidepressants, (I am not embarrassed to say) I am better, I don't cry at the drop of a dime...I don't cry through a commercial, or sob uncontrollably watching an infomercial about the starving kids in Africa, checking my bank book to see if I could afford to adopt a child for as little as a cup a coffee per day. I still cry at some movies, but it is during normal times for normal people to cry! Last movie I saw at the theatre where I cried was New Moon. I knew Edward was leaving Bella...I read the book 3 times...I knew what was going to happen, and I still felt the broken heart that Bella was experiencing...I had the Kleenex in my hand, because I was expecting that heart wrenching moment when all of a sudden, my BFF looks over and says to me "ARE YOU CRYING?" "NO" "you are so!"

The worse cry I had watching a movie was The Notebook. I didn't just have tears welling up in my eyes, I was sobbing, I was loudly sobbing, I couldn't even hear what they were saying because I was crying so loud. My husband comes into the room..."ARE YOU CRYING?"..."No actually I'm having a seizure, call 911".

When that movie was over, I still sobbed, I think I was convulsing..I was bawling. My husband comes into the room again, 'ARE YOU STILL CRYING?".

Next morning I was talking to my mother on the phone, I told her whatever you do, DON'T WATCH THE NOTEBOOK...then she asked me what it was about...I started telling her the story and started crying again! "She what...?" my mother asked "I can't understand what you said...are you crying?"

I seem to be able to handle commercials lately, but today I saw that ad for the low sodium rice meals...to tell you the truth I have no idea what they were advertising, except for Michael Bolton crooning "how am I supposed to live without you" and the poor salt shaker [sob] is kicked out of the house, and is walking in the rain all alone, and then sitting on the fire escape watching his family...bowing his head and the salt is flowing out like...sniff....tears!

Movies with animals always make me cry. Littlest Hobo...every week I would blubber. Old Yeller...omg don't get me started on that one.....Animal stories always yank at my heart strings.

I could watch a violent movie (if I had to) and see someone blown to bits, stabbings, shootings, arson, dismemberment, and I don't even flinch (well it makes me sick, but not weepy). These people are dying painful deaths, and it doesn't faze me a bit, but see someone with their heart broken, or sad or their feelings hurt and I am a snivelling mess!

This is the reason that I mostly only want to see comedies when I go to the show. I have cried laughing hard during Goldmember, but not sad tears. I have choked on a Malteser laughing when I saw the Hangover...it melted....I was ok.

I think that is why I am happy just to watch HGTV. There are no car races, no murders, no drama (except maybe A-hole Mike Holmes) and I don't have to cry.

2 comments:

  1. If I could write like you, I would be writing for the New York times.

    Your blogs are better than, and so much more important, than my daily dose of the Young and the Restless!

    I love you blog today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks cyndi with one eye...that means more than you can imagine!

    ReplyDelete